What Information the Site Collects
Information you provide directly to us:
You are not required to provide information directly to Mizenka in order to view the Site. However, when you use certain Site functions, such as when you register for certain services, access certain content or features, or directly contact the Site, we may ask you to provide information, including:
· contact information, such as name, email address, postal address, and phone number;
· username and password;
When you visit and interact with the Site, certain information may be collected automatically, including:
· your computer's Internet Protocol (IP) address;
· your browser type and operating system;
· the web pages you were visiting immediately before and after you came to the Site;
· searches you conducted on the Site;
· web pages that you view, and links that you click on, within the Site;
· your bandwidth speed;
· aggregated data about email click-through rates and user video viewing;
· standard server log information; and
· information collected through HTML cookies, Flash cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies.
Information we collect from other sources:
We may access information about you from third-party sources and platforms (such as social networking sites, databases, online marketing firms, and ad targeting firms), including:
· if you access third-party social networking services (such as Facebook or Twitter) through the Site, your username and connection lists for those services;
· demographic data, such as age range, gender, and interests;
· advertisement interaction and viewing data, such as ad click-through rates and information about how many times you viewed a particular page or item on a page; and
Please note that the Site may combine the information that we collect with information we obtain from third-party sources.
Use the Information
We may use the information that we collect to send you e-mail communications, such as information about your account or changes to the Site, and promotional messages about our own or our marketing partners' artworks or products and services. If you signed up for one of our email newsletters, we will periodically send to you the newsletter you requested.
To provide you with the ability to make purchases online, you will be able to establish an individual account within the Site. We keep track of when such account was accessed and what, if any, items were purchased.
We may use the information that we collect to fulfill your requests for artworks, services, and information. For example, we may use your contact information to respond to your customer service requests or to enable you to participate in features on the Site such as surveys and polls.
In order to learn more about how our Site is used, we aggregate and analyze the data that we collect. We may use this information, for example, to monitor and analyze use of the Site, to increase our Site's functionality, and to better tailor our content and design to suit our visitors' needs.
We may use the information that we collect to prevent illegal activities, to enforce the Site's Terms & Conditions, and to otherwise protect our rights and the rights of our users.
In addition to the uses identified above, we may use the information that we collect for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
Mizenka values your privacy, and shares information about our users only under certain circumstances. We will make information about you available to other companies, applications, or people in the circumstances listed below:
· We may share aggregated information or information that does not directly identify you with third parties to help us develop content, services, and advertising that we hope you will find of interest. Please note that we do not share contact information with third parties that advertise on the Site.
· We may employ third parties to perform Site-related services, including database management, maintenance services, analytics, marketing, data processing, and email and text message distribution. These third parties may have access to your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and any such third party shall be required to keep such information confidential.
· We may share information about you to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety or other rights and interests of any person, violations of the Site's Terms & Conditions, or as otherwise required by law.
· We may share information about you to respond to subpoenas, search warrants, judicial proceedings, court orders, legal process, or other law enforcement measures, to establish or exercise our legal rights, or to defend against legal claims.
· In addition to the scenarios identified above, we may share information about you for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
To customize your experience on the Site, we provide you with the opportunity to access or interact with third-party services, such as Facebook and Twitter. When you connect to the Site through these third-party services, we may share information about you with these third-party service providers and they may share data about you with us.
Deactivating your Account
You may deactivate your account at any time by emailing us a deactivation request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cookies and other Technologies
Please note that some information is collected about you automatically through cookies and other technologies.
You can change your browser settings to reject all cookies, accept only certain cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Please note that you may need to renew these settings if you delete your cookies after these preferences are made. These settings also may not apply if you are using a different computer or Internet browser.
If you choose to share contact information with us, you may update or amend this information by logging into your account on the Site and changing your contact information in your account. Alternatively, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Confidentiality and Security
We limit access to contact information about you to employees, staff or service providers who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide artworks or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We also have adopted technical, physical, and administrative procedures to help protect information about you from loss, misuse, and alteration.
Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using the Site, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
Visitors from Outside Japan
The Site's offices are located in Japan. If you visit the Site from another country, please be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of the Site may be processed in and transferred to Japan and will be subject to Japanese law. Japanese privacy and data protection laws may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence. By using the Site or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in Japan.
Questions or Comments
Effective Date: June 1, 2013